The system has been developed IMI since its inception applying principles of 'privacy since the design' to ensure adequate treatment of the personal data and overall security. Making this suitability, in 2018 theelection of IMI by the European supervisorand the agencies of data protection from the chosen EEMM IMI as a tool for cooperation between them required in general rules of data protection.
Documents and links below provide information both to citizens (whose data are covered in the system) as users of the system itself (whose data are necessarily registered in IMI), concerning data protection.
- Summary of the guidelines for data protectionwhich synthesizes the most importantesque tienenen authorities account when using the system
- Guidelines on data protectionfor users of IMI
According to information from the Spanish Agency of data protection (AEPD) should be added to point 5 of these guidelines ('What information I provide stakeholders?') in its second paragraph, the following two points:
Establish procedures for the exercise of these rights.
Inform the national coordinators of IMI exceptions or limitations on the exercise of these rights in accordance with the Organic Law 15 / 1999 of 13 deiciembre, of protection of Personal data and its normaliva of development.
- Report of the AEPDrelativo to exceptions or limitations to the rights of information and access, rectification and deletionunder chapter IV IMI rules.
- AEPD commentsDecember 2009 on the questionnaires then. You can consult thequestionnaires(repertoires of questions) of the current that can use IMI authorities.
- Privacy statementwhich explains what the European Commission to ensure the protection of personal data on the part of the system for which it is responsible.
- Decision C (2006) 3602the commission of 16 August 2006, the security of information systems used by the European commission